Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

A green card marriage visa is a union between a US citizen and an alien who would ordinarily be ineligible for citizenship because of being unmarried. This status is given by the US federal government for certain categories of people. Some of these are immigrants, minors with particular skills or relatives with permanent residence in america. Green card acceptance for spouses of US citizens can also be given to lawful permanent residents of United States. Green card processing times take longer because the procedure is based on threat.

An immigrant with marriage green card cannot be granted an immigrant visa until he or she is qualified for advance parole. The immigrant can apply for an immigrant visa for the spouse or children coming to the United States together. The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) grants immigrant visas to spouses who can provide evidence of marriage to their American partner. Proof of marriage can be given either via a marriage certificate or a signed marriage certificate from the principal applicant. Sometimes this proof isn’t accessible from the principal applicant. When the marriage certificate isn’t available, the applicant must provide documentary evidence such as a notarized copy of the marriage certificate or a birth certificate for the principal applicant.

An immigrant with marriage green card who wants to bring their family along may also apply for an immigrant L-1 visa or an immigrant L visa by applying to the Department of State’s Bureau of Immigration and Customs. There are different programs available for spouses of United States citizens or immigrants who are eligible for naturalization as either an immigrant or non-immigrant. An immigrant with a green card might have to get an immigrant visa to be able to host an immediate relative, including himself or herself. Sponsoring an immediate relative requires a signed I visa program.

Permanent resident status (green card) is accomplished through the conclusion of a legal permanent resident program. To achieve this status, an immigrant must first enter the United States legally by coming through an airport or landing on an air or sea vessel. After arriving in the United States, the immigrant must qualify for entry as an immigrant, dependent upon his or her entrance status and if he or she’s married or not. After attaining the legal permanent resident status, the immigrant may apply for adjustment of status, known as adjustment of status.

The lawful immigrant may also apply for adjustment of status if he or she becomes bankrupt, has a severe medical condition or has separated or divorced his or her spouse. He or she must not have been allowed deportation relief while the application was pending. An immigrant cannot change his or her status if he or she has entered the country illegally by having purchased or otherwise obtained real property without ensuring that the property was legally purchased. Immigrants cannot change their status if they have become a public charge such as a dependent or criminal. He or she cannot change status when the period of legally practicing the profession ends unless he or she first requests that change.

There are two methods used to adjust status. The applicant can go through the naturalization process, also referred to as the visa process, or he or she can register for an immigrant visa, also known as the green card process. Immigration benefits are awarded to lawful permanent residents and their spouses who fulfill the prerequisites for achieving green card status. Two of the requirements are that the applicants must have reached the age of eighteen years; they must be physically capable of performing the duties required of an immigrant, and they need to have an intention to return to India or remain in India forever.

Annually, a certain number of qualified candidates will be selected to appear at the interview component of the naturalization procedure. Applicants may apply for green card by filling out the application at any US consulate or embassy abroad, or they may apply online at the nearest U.S. consulate. During the interview part of the process, applicants must provide documentary evidence that they meet all of the eligibility Marriage Green Card Services requirements. When interviewed, a consular officer will analyze the documents provided and determine if the applicants qualify to apply for a green card.

If the applicants do qualify, they’ll be given an application that they need to file with the US Department of State. It is extremely important to remember that once a green card application is filed in the wrong manner, it might not be processed ever. Because of this, an immigrant visa may not be issued, or the marriage between the foreign spouse and US citizen will not be legalized. For this reason, it is quite important for anybody who wants to adjust status to consult an immigration lawyer, who can represent them before the USCIS, or law judges.